EZ CESSPOOL & SEPTIC SERVICES
Maintenance & Installations
What our clients say
We can help maintain the life of your cesspool & septic systems. Our experience in working with cesspools and septic systems is second to none. We have all the necessary tools and can even help recommend a yearly maintenance plan if you want that.
E-Z Cesspool Sewer & Drain provide expert cesspool repair service including installation of a new septic system. Call the best to install a new cesspool on your property.
EZ Cesspool and Septic Tank
Our dedicated cesspool and septic tank experts are highly-trained professionals who employ the latest technology and equipment to deliver customers the peace of mind they deserve. Our specialists have aided 1000s of residential and commercial Long Islanders throughout Suffolk and Nassau County, North and South Shore – and everywhere in between.
You and Your Septic System: What You Need to Know
For many years, EZ Cesspool, one of Long Island’s best cesspool companies, has been servicing the families of Nassau and Suffolk counties. Whether your home or business is in need of a new septic system installation, standard maintenance, or are experiencing an emergency situation, our team of experienced and professional crew members are on-hand to assist with all of your cesspool needs.
Even though we’re here to handle all of the dirty work, it’s important to have a basic understanding of your septic system, how it works, and the services that it may require. You don’t want to have to pay for major septic system repair when you can practice basic cesspool maintenance. Your septic system is comprised of two different components; the septic tank and the cesspool, which is the soil absorption area. The system runs in a four part process.
Septic Systems: How They Work
Your septic system works in the following way:
Waste material from the home will travel to the septic tank.
2. Solids that are organic in nature will flow to the top of the tank, while solids that are inorganic in nature will settle at the bottom.
3. The septic tank contains naturally occurring bacteria that converts organic solids into liquid.
4. Solid and sludge layers are separated by clear liquid, which flows into the cesspool.
Cesspool Service on Long Island is a Draining Process
A cesspool, which is the draining aspect of the septic system, needs to be checked approximately every three years, depending on age and how often it has been maintained over the years. If a cesspool fails, you have two possible solutions:
Aerating the cesspool, with the addition of sulfuric acid chemicals, will allow the cesspool to drain water naturally into the earth.
The Hydro-Jetting process is a high-pressure cleansing that removes grease, mineral, hair and sludge build-up with your plumbing.
Basically, your cesspool is a large tank with holes or perforations where digestion takes place.
The final stages of digestion and water filtration occur within the absorption bed, which surrounds the perforated tank. Cesspools require strict regular maintenance, as well as cesspool pumping. If you avoid these, cesspools are difficult to restore once damaged.
Why Would Your Septic System Fail?
Once you have finished your cesspool installation, you need to maintain your septic system. When you don’t regularly maintain and service your septic system there will be a build up of solid waste which then flows into the systems leaching field. This results in severe clogging and the possibility of permanently damaging the field. In addition, household cleansers like detergent, toilet cleaners, bleach products and disinfectants will kill the crucial natural bacteria that is within the septic tank.
Things to Know About Septic Tanks:
- Septic tanks an be constructed of precast concrete, fiberglass or plastic.
- Older tanks are sometimes made of steel, which has the tendency to break down over time.
- Tanks should have at least a 250-gallon capacity for each person in the home.
- Standard tank sizes include; 750, 1000, 1200 and 1500 gallons.
- Newer, larger tanks are sometimes divided into two separate chambers to improve flow of waste.
While the entire septic system can seem confusing and complex, with regular structural check-ups and maintenance your home or business will be running smoothly. If you would like any more tips about maintaining your septic system and cesspool, call EZ Cesspool today!
- Learn more about West Hempstead, NY 11552
- Open a West Hempstead, NY map
- Find the West Hempstead, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby West Hempstead, NY pharmacies
- View the current West Hempstead, NY weather report
- Browse a list of West Hempstead, NY public and private schools
- West Hempstead, NY is located in Nassau County on Long Island